Sunday, March 11, 2007

Views from Sogo




Today seemed like a long day. We went to the kids training class. I found it useful, but sitting there for six hours made my butt hurt. There were folding chairs in the conference room, and well those suck if you have to sit longer than 15 minutes. I have more recent pics, but my camera is old and acting up and I'm having problems downloading, so I'll keep posting with my supply of ones from

last week.

Here you see views of Hiroshima City from on top of the Sogo Shopping Center. It's a huge building in downtown Hiroshima full of ritzy shops and restaurants. I can't afford a bowl of noodles here. However, the building is really neat, lots of marble and fountains inside. And they have this awesome roof you can go out on for free and catch a view of the city and the mountains surrounding it. It's so pretty here, especially after
living in Memphis. Don't get me wrong, Memphis has it's good points, but pretty wasn't one of them. Also in this building is this meal I really want cause it looks like a big yummy bowl of tempura and rice and a big thing of cold soba noodles with dipping sauce which is like the best combination ever.

Tomorrow we get to observe our first Junior High School Class. I'm excited about going to the public schools for the first time. I don't know if we have to walk some ridiculous amount or the school will call us a cab like last time. We're expected to be more and more independent as time goes on so. I have to dress really nice, so I'm wearing a suit tomorrow to make a good impression. I teach a JHS group on Friday, but I don't have to teach out that day (the group comes to the main school this week instead of my trekking out which will happen a lot). The first group I teach is on Thursday, I have the little kids. I'm a little nervous, but looking forward to it for the most part. Wish me luck!

No comments: