Thursday, March 8, 2007

Ramen saves you money and gives you sodium!




To the bottom right you will see what I'm not eating. I don't eat this crap back home because it's just that, crap. It's much more pricey here though and the portions supposidly are much smaller. I wouldn't know because I don't eat here. I just took a picture of the sign because I thought people back home would be interested in seeing a familiar place.

At the top you will see what we are eating. Here is Mark eating his lovely cheap-o scary ramen noodles. We don't know what in the heck we're eating half the time. We buy different flavors and I sniff it to make sure it's not pork, because I surely don't want that ( I don't eat pork or beef). That's the only test we use, the sniff test. Every now and then I can sound out the word on the package if it's in hirigana, but I have yet to learn the katakana and the kanji, so I'm kinda handicap at the moment. Sniff test works for now. It's rarely ever beef and I've come to find out what color on the package usually designates pork. The picture on the left is me enjoying my 128 yen ramen. mmmmmmm....cheapness.
We do get free breakfast at the hotel. I guess I should mention that. I would take pictures but I don't want to get stared at or kicked out or something for being a picture taking weirdo. At that breakfast there is rice balls (usually with salmon, bonito flakes (dried, shaved tuna flakes), mustard seed and greens, or there is inari (tofu pockets with a flavorful rice filling). The inari are my favorite. Mark likes the salmon rice balls..which are a little too fishy for my taste at 8:00 AM.

No comments: